Our Services & Techniques
Many people have heard that chiropractic adjustments hurt. Here’s what Dr. Shawn has to say about that:
“I’ve heard the same thing. One of our biggest goals is get you out of pain, not cause more. We’ll do what we can to find something that benefits you and doesn’t hurt. It doesn’t help any of us if you feel worse after treatment.”
Our staff aims to give you what we call a “Walt Disney experience” to ensure your satisfaction.
“After being in practice for this long, I have more tools in my toolbox now than I did when I started.” Our clinic is equipped with the latest tools to assist with your chiropractic care. From your examination and evaluation all the way through your adjustments, Dr. Shawn uses a variety of tools and techniques.
- DOT Physical Certified. Dr. Shawn is a federal certified medical examiner for DOT physicals.
- Custom Orthotics. Your feet support your body. Imbalances in your feet can result in bunions, hammertoes and foot, knee, hip and lower back pain. Orthotics are like insoles that provide support and correction to your feet. Every person’s feet are different. For best results, orthotics should be customized to your feet. Read More»
- Deep Lumbar and Cervical Decompression. This technique uses a special decompression table. When you lie down on the table, the process gently stretches your spine and slowly relaxes it. The process is repeated several times. Read More»
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation. EMS utilizes a special type of electrical current to stimulate muscles. Patients feel a mild tingling sensation from the electrode pads that are placed in contact with your skin. Read More»
- Extremity Adjustment. It is a specialized adjustment to the joints. It helps realign shoulders, elbows, wrists, knees, ankles and feet. Extremity adjustments can provide relief from lockjaw, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, rotator cuff injuries and ankle and knee pain. Read More»
- Pettibon. The process begins with an analysis of your spine through an X-ray. The approach combines chiropractic intervention with at-home procedures for you to do yourself. You play a significant role in your recovery and long-term benefits. Read More»
- Ultrasound. The ultrasound uses high-frequency, inaudible sound waves to treat soft tissue injuries. It feels like a deep tissue massage. Read More»
Interferential Therapy. Interferential electro-therapy is a therapeutic treatment to aid in the relief of pain and the promotion of soft tissue healing.Read More»
- Nutritional Counseling. Input determines output. What you put into your body affects the way it performs. Our nutritional counselor is on hand to help you learn how your nutrition may be affecting your condition and what you can do to change it.
- Exercises. To ensure the lasting impact of your adjustment, sometimes you might be given some exercises to do at home. These exercises train the muscles to perform properly and help to keep joints in proper alignment.
- Spinal Decompression Therapy. Each of us is constantly in a battle—with gravity! A frequent casualty is the soft disc material that separates each spinal bone. Read More»